Home Forums Dream Theater First Topic

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wizard wizard 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kotowboy
    kotowboy
    Participant

And it’s by ME !!

😀 😀

FU HEF 😀

So how about The Astonishing !?

Profile photo of ministroraven
    ministroraven
    Participant

First reply, by ME! how about that?

Profile photo of kotowboy
    kotowboy
    Participant

Astonishing ! 😀

Profile photo of Nicolas
    Nicolas
    Participant

I heard it, is a trully Masterpiece, the best to the Mangini’s Era

Profile photo of TheZiltoidian
    TheZiltoidian
    Participant

Really Astonished I Astonishingly enjoyed the Astonishing album that Astonished me Astonishingly, The Astonishing.

Profile photo of DanneRoyce
    DanneRoyce
    Participant

Hi! I recently joined. I’m from Colombia. I think the Astonishing is one of the biggest DT albums. They made a really great work, and for me this album is really better than the last one.

Greetings! 😉

Profile photo of wizard
    wizard
    Participant

What is the subject for this topic? Excuse me, I don’t understand well.

Profile photo of wizard
    wizard
    Participant

If the subject is “The astonishing”, this album is incredible, first of all because the band deliver us a concept album of more two hours, and also because there are lots of recurrent themes, who come back all along the album. This record is full of magnificent melodies and modulations ; that’s why all themes interlock themeseves perfectly, all along the record. Music is in harmony with words. John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess realised an enourmous work for this album.

When I red a few elements who were revealed befor the album’s release, I had the impression that the story was the same that the novel “1984”, de George Orwell, but John Petrucci did more than this, creating a real scenario for this concept album. And if, one day, “The astonishing” would become a film!

Profile photo of Humberto_K
    Humberto_K
    Participant

Hi! I love “The Astonishing” album, simply beautiful music…

Profile photo of space dye vest
    space dye vest
    Participant

I like ‘The Astonishing’. Great album.

Profile photo of wizard
    wizard
    Participant

“The astonishing” is a fantastic album. John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess created musical themes for differents tharacters of the history ; the melodies and musics are incredible.

In an interview, Jordan Rudess said : “Actually, a DVD of “The astonishing live” isn’t in our projects ; I regret it, because the retranscription of this album on stage was an intense and unic experience. I hope one day, the band recorded a DVD of this amazing moment.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.