Progressive Nation 2008
DTIFC 011 – 2009
- Mike Portnoy – Drums
- John Petrucci – Guitar
- John Myung – Bass
- Jordan Rudess – Keyboards
- James LaBrie – Vocals
- Mikael Åkerfeldt – Vocals (on Repentance)
- Randy Lane – Recording and Mixing
- Fred Kevorkian – Mastering
- David Mola – Artwork
- Intro (1:27)
- Also Sprach Zarathustra (1:33)
- In The Presence Of Enemies Pt.1 (8:55)
- Beyond This Life (11:15)
- Misunderstood (8:22)
- Erotomania (7:09)
- Voices (10:03)
- Repentance (10:43)
- The Dark Nintendo Night (2:59)
- Encore Medley : Metropolis/Learning To Live/ ACOS: The Crimson Sunset (15:01)
About the album
This would be the final fan club CD released. The fan club was always “Mike Portnoy’s baby”, and when he left, the fan clubs basically were left on their own for the most part. Most of the fan clubs closed down shortly thereafter, so the ones left had no choice but to seize the fan club CD.
This album contains selections from the Terminal, New York shows on May 21st and 22nd 2008. Of note is the only live rendition of Repentance to date – not even sung by James LaBrie, but sung by Mikael Åkerfeldt who was second bill on the Progressive Nation tour.
The Dark Nintendo Night was a intermission track played in before the encore, a fan based remix of the Super Mario Bros theme and The Dark Eternal Night.
The CD was pressed in Germany. It is currently out of print. It has never been re-released.